Saturday, June 24, 2006

My Future Is Laid Out Before Me, & It Smells Like Dogs

I am going to be the maiden aunt. With a bunch of dogs and cats. Who never gets married but lavishes expensive gifts on her beloved nieces and nephews. And that’s OK. Really. I’m looking forward to it.

I’m so glad that everyone around me has their lives working out. I’ve been worrying about them, and things are good. People are getting married, getting good jobs and dogs and puppies and children. And I’m so happy to see things working out around me.

There’s only the teeniest part of me that wonders why things AREN’T working out for me, why I finally get enough money to pay my new house’s rent for July and then I get a speeding ticket. 52 in a 40. I don’t understand why.

I killed my virtual Chia Pet because I didn’t water it. Seriously, if I kill VIRTUAL pets, how can I keep a GARDEN alive. I don’t like plants. They’re so delicate and PICKY.

Gripe, gripe, gripe. And a sigh. And a positive thought to go to bed on: Carlyn is caring for my Roxie-pooh better than I do when I’m at home.

And by the way, there is nothing stranger than riding along as a nanny with your ex-boyfriend’s family to a funeral. Really. That deserves an entire memoir all to itself.

No comments: