Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Finished Object

Stats:
We Call Them Pirates hat by Hello Yarn, in Diakeito Diatasmanianmerino colors 729 and 727 (100% wool, 40g/130 yds) from the local ys. It took one ball of each color, with plenty left over.

Mods:
I didn't swatch first (ahem), which made the hat a little tight around the brim and (more than) a little short, so I added another row of skulls before decreasing, and instead of lining the hat I made a 1" 2x2 ribbing (my friend wanted to be able to pull the hat down around his ears). This helped with the tightness, too.

I like the finished product, especially since it's my very first two-color project. I did take pictures of this one before I gave it away.

Obligatory Pictures:


2 comments:

Abby said...

that's so Awesomee Shannah!!! It really make me want to knit something!

The High Plains Knitter said...

Great hat, Shannah! I have been looking for this yarn in colors 123 and 127 and can't find it anywhere. Do you know where I could find it?