Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mosaic Knitting

Last night at knitting my friend J brought some of the Mosaic knitting she had done a while back--it was really cool, and she showed me how and let me borrow some of her Barbara Walker books.

This was in the front of Charted Knitting Designs:

To all dispersed sorts of ARTS and TRADES,
I writ the needles prayse (that never fades)
So long as children shall be got or borne,
So long as garments shall be made or worne,
So long as Hemp or Flax or Sheep shall bear
Their linnen woollen fleeces yeare by yeare:
So long as Silk-wormes, with exhausted spoile,
Of their own Entrailes for mans gaine shall toyle:
Yea till the world be quite dissolv'd and past;
So long at least, the Needles use shall last.
--John Taylor, The Praise of the Needle, London, 1640

It appeals to my English-majorness and my craftiness. Very cool.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Hey Shannah,

I have tagged you! Go to my blog to see what to do.

Anonymous said...

Sure, tag me.