Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Gifting a Painting

I went to dinner for my friend's birthday tonight, stowing the dog painting in the car as a surprise. She'd seen it, way back before Christmas, in a preliminary stage, so I thought that she would be able to guess my "surprise".

Instead she guessed several knitted objects in a row and then looked at me, totally confused. "I have no idea," she said. Her husband agreed. "All Shannah does is knit."

Apparently everyone has forgotten my many other talents.

Oh well, it was really fun to surprise her.

And just to prove how totally useless I really am as a human being: I went to Prayer Shawl Ministry tonight, completely ready to knit on my sock, and proud of my newly organized knitting bag. Each project is sorted in its own plastic bag, instructions included, and tucked away in my knitting bag. Well, I got to Knitting, pulled out the bag, the sock, the sock instructions, and began to knit. Sort of. Actually, I had a problem. Only 3 double pointed needles in the bag. So I knit on the purse instead. Sigh. Reminds me of the (many) times I've gotten my food at the food court, only to realize that I didn't have my wallet. I really need a keeper. Then I could just sit around and knit ALL day at home. I like that.

No comments: