Sunday, July 02, 2006

What's Really Important Isn't My Aching Foot

It's been a good day. I saw a stupid silly movie that I think may have helped change something in my head (in a good way) and had a long talk with Carlyn.

I don't know what to do with my life, or if I can do much of anything. But, I figure, I can love.

I'm not good at walking straight (hence the sprained ankle) or at running or at looking beautiful or eating well or laughing daintily, but I think I might be good at loving people.

And that's an OK talent to have, I think, even if it is a small little talent.

I'm going to keep practicing. I want to be the best at loving people. I want my heart to be open wide and let everyone walk in, because it's true: there's always enough to go around. I know this because there have always been so many people to love me. I can almost feel all of their arms around me right now. The best way I can love them back is to wrap my arms around someone else -- around as many someone elses as I can.

So what does my job matter, really? Or where I live? Or when I graduate?

I just need to get up in the morning, let Roxie out, and love myself first. Then I can conquer everyone else.

No comments: