Thursday, September 06, 2007

Looky What I Got!

I had a terrible weekend, despite the fact that I had one of my best friends visiting and everyone came back into town. I had a migraine Friday and missed work, thereby getting even more behind (who knew it was possible?), then I was just Ms. Bad Mood Saturday and Sunday. I picked fights, I cried, I slept too much.

THEN, Sunday night I remembered that it was Labor Day (!) and I didn't have to go to work on Monday. This perked me up a bit. I knit. I read. I pet the dog, despite her decision to eat another pillow. Saturday night four of us went to the drive-in and sat in the back of my car while eating terrible fried food.

I knew life was okay again because I heard Bob Dylan sing "Lay, Lady, Lay" on my way home. This, to me, is a sign of good things.

I had a wonderful time with my dearest F all weekend, and was sad to see her leave Monday afternoon.

And THEN, and THEN... I walked in Monday evening and there was a package for me! I hadn't looked in the mailbox all weekend, but there was a box addressed to me. And inside?

Yay! Hogwarts socks! Thanks so much, Gina! I love my new socks. They fit perfectly:


They are very comfy. I wore them to work on Wednesday with my purple scrubs and I was very happy. I even showed them off to my co-workers, who were also very impressed. I love the mismatched heels and toes! I feel very honored to have received such a fantastic package, which was so well put together. In addition to socks to showcase my "house pride," it had fun Hogwarts candy "from the trolly," stitch markers "designed by goblins" (I can't wait to use them on my first lace project...), and TWO sets of Clover Takumi Bamboo premium double-pointed-needles "bewitched with a special kitchener charm"! Yay!!! I'm so excited... now I can cast on for more socks (oh dear, say my family and friends).

I really am so thankful to Gina for the great pick-up she gave me with this wonderful package. I am smiling now as I look at my socks...clean again. My first sock swap... what a great experience!

No comments: