Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Christmas: Four Months, Seventeen Days

It's been so long since I bought yarn aimlessly. So long. I was in the yarn store just the other day, but I was on a mission to purchase yarn for my Hogwarts Sock Swap pal (I was embarrassingly late on the mailing-out end, but she's only on book six and says she'll wear the socks to read the last one... nice pal!) and only searched through the diakeito.

But my heart aches for something new for the stash. Something...special... Something laceweight? To make my first complicated lace shawl? To give my mother for Christmas? Hm....

I wonder how many years it will be before my family and friends start to open my gifts at Christmas and are no longer excited at the prospect of knitting. Well, until then, I realize that four months ahead of Christmas means that I have to start planning. Not everyone will get a sweater this year. So I've made a list. I had to share this progress, because lists are always progress. Right?

And lists mean planning, and planning means new projects and new projects mean... NEW YARN!!! Yay! More reasons to touch wooly things and dream a bit before really settling down to a project.

(No I'm not posting the list here!!! Christmas is a surprise!)

No comments: